[Bradford] A couple of small jobs

Dick Thomas xpd259 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 15:50:29 UTC 2019

Hi Mike,
if you don't mind a GUI there is always http://yunohost.org/ for the
hosting / email
I used it for my emails admin for a while on a raspberry PI at home and on
a digital Ocean droplet

good news/ Bad news.
Depending on how you deleted the root. there was is a bug/feature if I
recall that could damage the UEFI
"Thanks Systemd" ™
hopefully that isn't the case but then long as you don't format the /home
partition you can reinstall to your hearts content on most sane distros...I
say most

if you need a backup i recommend back blaze and restic i backup 500GB+ for
$2 a month  then you can reinstall all you want
you could even run this backup from a live CD just to be sure

regards
Dick Thomas
https://linuxrocks.online/@speaksthegeek
https://twitter.com/DickWThomas
https://keybase.io/dickthomas

Forums and Mailing List: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum
and villainy. We must becivilised."‌‌
"Your father's Thinkpad. This is the weapon of a sysadmin. Not as hard to
repair as a MacBook. An elegant weapon for a more civilised age."