[Bradford] IPv6

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Fri May 10 15:05:02 UTC 2019

Ah. Now I see what you're doing, it wasn't clear that this was a
rented server in a datacentre out there, I assumed this was just a box
at home...

> I entered that link local address into the name
> servers on Bytemark to point to my new piece of very cheap old iron on
> Oneprovider [...]
> But it seems you're telling me anyone trying to connect to any of the
> sites, once configured, using IPv6 may or may not be able to connect.

they will absolutely NOT be able to connect if you've added an AAAA
record pointing to a link-local address. You'd better remove it
toot-sweet.

> > we can provide an IPv6 range, however it is not yet fully supported and thus can only be assigned via DHCPv6 delegation software. Please note that you will not be able to update any rDNS. If you can work with that, please let us know and we will assign you a range.
> If I say "yes please" to a range, what do I do with it? Do you fancy
> explaining to all of us on Tuesday evening?

If their ipv6 support is so creaky it's the kind of thing that I would
interpret as a sign to take my business elsewhere :O

But if you're inclined to persist, everything I know about setting up
a dhcpv6 client on Arch is here, enjoy!
  https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/IPv6#With_dhcpcd

Cheers
-D.