[Bradford] Email server config problems

Devo Too mike.goodman at devotoo.org.uk
Sat Nov 30 13:12:43 UTC 2019

Hi again Folks,

To reflect the overwhelming number of responses to my help request -
zero in fact - are any of you, or do any of you know, a freelance
sysadmin who is likely to be bale to sort this problem out? There are a
few online but their profiles are a bit thin on detail so it's hard to
judge whether they can do this without reading up as they go.

I suspect only half an hour to an hour's work for somebody who knows
what they are doing. I have managed to rule out T'bird by using
Evolution and getting "network unreachable" errors. T'bird is still
serving the old email server as I have only transferred a couple of
domains across so far. I don't suspect my connection because everything
else works fine, emails, web searches, site lookups, shell access to
servers.

So it really is down to a server based setting, whether firewall,
security setting or Postfix or Dovecot setting. All I need is the
accurate diagnosis. My eyeballs are spinning round in opposite
directions from reading from this screen for too long.

Cheers,

Mike