[Bradford] Online - a company not a question

Devo Too mike.goodman at devotoo.org.uk
Fri Oct 25 16:15:03 UTC 2019

I think it would be difficult to pre-script Arch installations to do
that. This is the second company I've come across this month who have
had to rewrite since whoever got one previous to mine. That was at an
OVH subsidiary, Kimsufi. Not had any problems since it went in though.
OVH is also one of the French Arch repos.

Arch has a "base" installation, which really is base. The server hire
companies want to batten their offerings down before hiring them out,
not easy with Arch, so an automated installer needs constant attention.

This seems to me to be an utter waste of time. Once the server is in the
customer's hands, they have to allow said customer root access and
access to the full range of repos. My Kimsufi instance bears little
resemblance what was handed to me. Nor will the Online one within a few
days. They may as well hand me the key and let me get on with it.