[Bradford] Jitsi meet

bradlug at hackroyd.org.uk bradlug at hackroyd.org.uk
Tue Apr 14 13:16:11 UTC 2020

 I normally use Firefox but Jitsi recommend the use of a Chrome browser. Hence I use the Brave browser.
Brian

    On Tuesday, 14 April 2020, 14:41:05 CEST, John Leach via Bradford <bradford at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

 Hi John,

I can't make it tonight, but I will just say that we've found Jitsi to
not work so well with Firefox at the moment - any firefox users in the
group can cause problems and bandwidth increases for everyone else. It
definitely works better if everyone is using Chrome/Chromium (or the
Android/iphone apps). A shame of course, but there are some historical
reasons around the webRTC standard that kind of caused it. Jitsi are
working on sorting out Firefox compatibility asap (the lockdown has
boosted interest in Jitsi as you might imagine, so they're working
around the clock to improve it in loads of ways!)

John.

On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 at 12:54, John Robert Hudson via Bradford