[Bradford] Leeds PHP on line tonight at 19:00 BST

bradlug at hackroyd.org.uk bradlug at hackroyd.org.uk
Wed Apr 15 14:22:56 UTC 2020

Tonight @ 19:00 BST, Leeds PHP has an on-line event. I regularly go to this group's meeting when I am in the UK.  You are supposed to go via Meetup.com for the link but here are the details if you want to join in.

Brian

Here are the details followed by the URL.

--------This is a free event, open to all. Due to the current situation with COVID-19 this event will be online only.

The event will be streamed via YouTube.
You'll have to provide your own pizza and drinks for this one.

_______________________________

★ The talks

✩ Intro to BDD - Ciaran McNulty (@CiaranMcNulty)

Behaviour Driven Development techniques help us to ensure that the code we're writing is solving real-world problems. We will see how a BDD process can help us define a feature, write the code, and then validate the code using tools like Behat

✩ Effective (remote) Working - Hugh Noble (@HughNoble)

Most of us will be working from home at the moment and I thought it would be a good idea to share some techniques that can implement to help us to work effectively as a team remotely.

_______________________________

★ Timings

19:00 – Dial in, get your webcam working, make yourself comfortable
19:05 – Welcome and meetup news
19:10 – Effective (remote) Working - Hugh Noble (@HughNoble)
19:25 – A little break
19:30 – Intro to BDD - Ciaran McNulty (@CiaranMcNulty)