[Bradford] Web Browsers

Devo Too mike.goodman at devotoo.org.uk
Wed Feb 5 18:13:36 UTC 2020

Hi Folks,

I need a replacement for Firefox. Apparently, when the Doze version of
it is applied, so JRE can be run (FF ditched Openjava whatsitcalled a
couple of years ago so I'm having to compile this) the standard, proper,
FF clashes with it so both can't be used on the same platform.

JRE is a requirement to open the console inside the iOL4 console, if you
see what I mean. Once I have the OS installed on the server and can
shell directly in, that shouldn't be needed much.

So, who is using something from the FOSS camp other than FF but is also
good for general purposes? I'm looking at the ArchWiki and there are
lots but it doesn't say which are any good and too many of them are in
the AUR (user repo, fiddly to install and maintain, plus with threats of
malicious content included).

I once had a go with SeaMonkey, which was good for speed and, IIRC,
security, but it lacked a lot of the FF features for general use. Does
anybody know if it has more to it these days?

TIA,

Mike