[Bradford] Video conferencing

John Leach john at johnleach.co.uk
Thu Mar 19 13:16:32 UTC 2020

Thanks Shi!

We're all remote at Brightbox anyway and mostly use Google Meet which
has been fine so far.

but ok, if someone wants to lead this, just sign up at
https://www.brightbox.com and name the organisation Bradlug - it'll
get £50 free credit immediately anyway (all new accounts do), but I'll
flag it as a freebie account after that anyway.

You'll need to provide an SSH key so that when you build the server,
it will be automatically installed. If you add some collaborators to
the account first, their SSH keys will be installed on it too.

Having looked over the Jitsi specs, I'd recommend a 1G server. You'll
need to map a Cloud IP to it too (unless everyone is on IPv6 :)

Jitsu seems to push their Debian/Ubuntu packages most prominently, so
I'd recommend one of those distros (we generally use Ubuntu).

John.