[Bradford] Alternative to Arch

John Robert Hudson j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com
Tue May 26 16:53:37 UTC 2020

Hi Mike

You can either go for the Leap 15.1 server or the Tumbleweed server. The
difference, as you say, is that Tumbleweed is a rolling release whereas Leap
follows the release cycle of the Enterprise server.

In practice, I doubt it makes much difference if you are just interested in a
server as most of the Tumbleweed updates are to GUI programs and tools like
gcc, python etc. Each Leap version gets security releases and minor updates
for whatever version of a program is installed; you only get a major version
update with the next version of Leap. With Tumbleweed you get the major
version updates when they happen.

John