[Bradford] Fw: We want your input

Paul Colley pchcolley at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 26 18:27:10 UTC 2020

Apologies for the inevitable duplications.
Cheers
Paul
PCH Colley
Call/SMS: +44 7862 175114

Follow on Twitter

   ----- Forwarded message ----- From: Al Ghaff | Open Rights Group <al at openrightsgroup.org>Sent: Monday, 26 October 2020, 17:26:30 GMT
Subject: We want your input
  Your digital rights update

|   |

Dear Paul,

As the shadow of the US presidential election grows ever darker, Open Rights Group is convening an exclusive panel of digital rights giants to shed some light on data, democracy and the integrity of our elections.

We’re offering a special chance to our members and supporters to pick the brains of speakers Shireen Mitchell, Professor David Carroll and Ravi Naik by submitting a question in advance of recording on Thursday. The event will be posted publicly on Friday.

 Submit your question!

We’ll cover topics like the role of Cambridge Analytica in the 2016 US election and Brexit referendum, how Facebook is used to undermine democracy, and how to regulate the use of personal data in elections.

Speakers

Shireen Mitchell - Founder/senior strategist at Stop Online Violence Against Women (SOVAW) and member of the independent Facebook Oversight Board, Mitchell and her team were the first to recognize Russian digital threats that directly targeted Black American voters.

David Carroll - Associate professor of media and design at The New School, Carroll’s work to reclaim personal data held by Cambridge Analytica was featured in the Emmy and BAFTA nominated documentary The Great Hack on Netflix.

Ravi Naik - The Law Society’s 2018 – 2019 Human Rights Lawyer of the Year, Ravi Naik is a multi-award winning solicitor who served as David Carroll's lawyer and was also featured in the Great Hack. In January 2020, Ravi co-founded the data rights agency AWO, where he serves as Legal Director.

We look forward to reading your question!

|   |
Al Ghaff
Chief Operating Officer
Open Rights Group              |

Follow ORG on social media

Open Rights Group is a not for profit Company Limited by Guarantee, registered in England and Wales, no 05581537 registered address 12 Duke’s Road, London WC1H 9AD.