[Bradford] Unknown filesystem "nfts"

bradlug at hackroyd.org.uk bradlug at hackroyd.org.uk
Sun Jun 6 08:10:04 UTC 2021

 Firstly, pity it is a Seagate. If ever I have had a drive go down it is a Seagate, and I've heard the same on podcasts. That over....
I never bother about what is already on a drive, I just format it first off. I just use ext4 because I don't ever want to use Windows. Having said that I do believe that Windows nowadays can do other file systems. Should you wish, a single command will install ZFS commands to your Ubuntu computer and you could put ZFS on the drive with all the advantages that it has. I confess I have not done this yet except in for a ZFS pool for LXC/LXD containers.
So, in summary, I wouldn't give it a second thought, just get Gparted launched a get on with the formatting. If you can get CCL to swap that drive for another, I'd do that. Nowadays It is definitely worth considering an SSD or a hybrid if you are wanting a very big drive and you find SSD to be too expensive.
Doubtless we will all be on-line tomorrow for a meeting so that would be a good place to ask questions too.
Brian