[Bradford] Meeting notes

shi notshi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 12:19:59 UTC 2022

Thanks for the update, John. Also nice to know that the hybrid meeting was
a success!

i wanted to add to the IT Stuff update as well that it has been great
creating the shows with the other Stuffers (heh) who have become some of my
most favouritest peeps.

Firstly, wow - we managed 7 years worth of consistent (lol) unadulterated
tech comedy opinion-based content, about 87 or more episodes in total.
i'm really proud to have done that, no matter how embarrassing it can sound
when i listen to the episodes again (and i still do sometimes).
The pandemic allowed me time to re-prioritise and rest - losing close
friends to the virus took a toil.
Ultimately, i decided to scale back all BCB activities and that,
unfortunately included IT Stuff.

For me personally, each episode of IT Stuff took a lot of time to prepare
and create; from collating links and media from everyone involved via
various channels and researching what news item and things to talk about
between shows, then desk driving and hosting during shows, to producing and
editing furiously to upload the shows in time.
Then comes the enormous work of putting all that content online to the
website and archive.org, not including the maintenance of said website,
playlists and github repos ~ it was probably too much work thinking about
it now but i enjoyed the experience!
i think i burnt out at the end and all motivation fizzled away, like
spilled soda pop on hot asphalt.
In any case, many thanks to everyone who got involved and helped out along
the way.
To those that tuned in, i really hope you enjoyed what we made.

ps: If you haven't tuned in yet, i recommend this episode
<http://itstuff.org.uk/blog/2019-11-13-ITStuff131119/> as a starter :}

--
shi