[Chester LUG] Re: First Posting?

Les Pritchard les.pritchard at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 15:39:19 UTC 2006

Hi Fintan,

Yes you are - congratulations! :-)

Hope to see you at a meet in the near future.

Thanks to everyone who has subscribed so far, keep spreading the word - the
more people the better!

Just a quick introduction from me: I've been a member of North Wales LUG for
a while, they have a good number of people on the list, but with North Wales
being quite a large area it was always difficult to organise meets.  Since I
moved up to Chester I realised that there are many Linux / Open Source users
around here with no immediate LUG for them to go along to.  So I decided to
get things moving and start up the LUG.

My hope is that this list will be a place for us to swap ideas, experiences
and any questions, with meets being as equally informal initially.  I'm in
the process of setting up a forum on the website, I'll have more information
about that shortly.

Last night we had a mini-meet with a few of us who are on the NWLUG list
meeting in the Grosvenor Hotel in the centre of Chester.  I'm planning to
have another one in the coming weeks as the first official Chester LUG
meeting.

So any ideas or suggestions for the new LUG or what you'd like to see from
it are all welcome.

Les

Fintan wrote:
Hello All

Am I the first to post to list? :-)

I don't live in Chester but on the Yorkshire Moors,left Chester about
6 years ago.
But visit every few months as i have family still living there.
I am pleased that we have a Chester Lug so i will pop round.

Fintan