[Chester LUG] Meet

Richard Smedley richard.smedley03 at ntlworld.com
Fri Aug 11 15:53:59 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 21:49 +0100, Tim White wrote:
> " I've had a good few suggestions for a venue, so I think I'll have to go and
> try them all out...any excuse ;-)"
> Well it's a dirty job, but...

I've no problem with digging out my top hat and tail-coat for
The Grosvenor, but if you want something better suited to the
typical bearded, real ale-drinking *nix guru, how about the
Albion Inn on Park St.
http://www.pub-explorer.com/olpg/albioninn/chester/index.htm
It doesn't allow children (unlike, say, the family-friendly
Weatherspoons in which North Wales LUG occasionally meets),
but if no-one was planning on bringing along their younger
offspring, then it's worth a visit for the quality of the beer
alone :-)

> OK Les, 31st sounds good to me.

Not sure if I'll be around that evening, but it's as good
a day as any :-)

btw Hello to the group - I haven't posted here before, so a quick intro:
I work with voluntary and community groups, mostly in Staffs and Shrops,
helping them to improve their IT use through Free Software. I'm in
South Cheshire LUG (www.sc.lug.org.uk) and Liverpool LUG, from where I
already know a few of you. :-)

Regards,

 - Richard

--
Richard Smedley,                                      RichardS at bvsc.org
Free Software Evangelist,

"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'
 as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver."
-- Daniel Pead