[Chester LUG] PyKaraoke

Kelvin Lawson kelvinl at users.sf.net
Thu Aug 31 22:52:00 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Richard asked tonight for details about my karaoke player. The homepage
is here:

     http://kibosh.org/pykaraoke

There are packages around for a few of the distros but it should be
fairly painless to install from source. Packages for the latest version
(v0.5) are in Arch Linux and the gentoo-sunrise repositories and are
also available for the GP2X handheld. The previous version (v0.4.2) is
in Debian (unstable), Ubuntu (Edgy) and FreeBSD ports - new packages for
these are working their way through the system.

I've also written a ripper for converting CD+G karaoke CDs to the MP3+G
format playable by PyKaraoke:

     http://kibosh.org/cdgtools

Cheers,
Kelvin.