[Chester LUG] Try that again

Stuart Burns stuart.james.burns at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 08:27:04 UTC 2007

Ok, Its friday morning and we all know we are not in the mood for work, so I
thought of an interesting question to debate:

Suppose you were a researcher and you found a way to speed up all computer
operations by 300%, irrespective of OS.

Now we all realise the value of this. Old computers would become super fast
again, and their life prolonged, and new ones would be insanely fast.

However would you let MS use the technology, lock it into their systems and
become a very rich person indeed or would you just GPL it and make linux
become light years ahead of Windows, but be a poor person ?