Beryl [was: Re: [Chester LUG] Meet]

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 20 19:11:11 UTC 2007

> I'll be there but I have ulterior motives ;) Anyone is welcome to
> help me get Beryl working on it. Spent several days with no luck and
> several broken xorg.confs

Hello Stuart,

I won't be at the meeting (have to be at a different meeting in Hulme),
but if you want to try Beryl it worked out-of-the-box on Debian
unstable with the following source.list:
deb http://debian.beryl-project.org/ etch main
deb-src http://debian.beryl-project.org/ etch main

This with Intel graphics (ThinkPad X41), 3-D again worked
out-of-the-box :-)

See
http://wiki.beryl-project.org/wiki/Install/Debian
for more info.

 - Richard

Richard Smedley,                                         rs at m6-it.org
Technical Director,                                     www.M6-IT.org
                                              A PRINCE2 aware company

Web services * Back-ups * Support * Training & Certification * E-Mail
M6-IT CIC ``Software Freedom for the Education and Voluntary Sector''

M6-IT is a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee
Registered in England & Wales,               Registration No: 6040154
11 St Marks Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9 7DT