[Chester LUG] Guess who bought the 1st paid spot for anything "linux"ed on Google?

Stuart Burns stuart.james.burns at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 17:32:33 UTC 2007

Thats right chaps. Microsoft :(

 I was looking for a new laptop and wasnt happy with Dell or HP offerings so
I googled "Linux Laptop Seller UK" First spot MS. So i thought ok, but then
I tried "Linux" just for giggles, again MS :(

Is it me or are they just not going to play fair anytime soon. Surely its my
business if I wish to buy a non MS borked  laptop, loaded with third party
junkware and crippled apps in the hope you upgrade and Dell gets a slice.

I'm sorry, but it seems we will never win in such a pro MS world :(

AND I still havent found my FreeBSD shirt.