[Chester LUG] Need some advice re: Xen

Les Pritchard les.pritchard at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 10:12:27 UTC 2007

I've been using VMWare for several years now and have been really happy with
it.  One of the attractive things is that while the server product is free,
you can buy additional management tools or upgrade if things get too big.
As mentioned, another benefit is that it will run on most Linux distros or
Windows Servers (plus supports SMP for client systems).

I haven't really played much with Xen so I'm afraid I can't give any counter
argument!  But from what I hear it has improved vastly recently.

If you do go with Xen and find it a good solution - do let us know.

Les