[Chester LUG] Fwd: Open Source Developers and Users Survey

Les Pritchard les.pritchard at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 10:05:34 UTC 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Patrick O'Connor <patrick.oconnor at sysadmin.ie>
Date: Jul 1, 2007 8:07 PM
Subject: Open Source Developers and Users Survey
To: patrick.oconnor at sysadmin.ie

Hi,
My name is Patrick O'Connor and I am currently doing a dissertation in
fulfillment of a Masters in MIS <http://gradschool.cs.tcd.ie/mscmis/>.

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind posting this mail onto your list.
I've created a survey which guides participants in ascertaining their
reasons for developing / using open source. I'll be using the results
as some sort of empirical evidence showing developers and users
motivation.
If you are not a user / developer of open source software then you
need not complete the survey, although these days its pretty rare to
find people that aren't!

If you have 5 minutes I'd really appreciate you taking the time to
complete it. As a bonus I'm offering a prize pool up to €200 (€50 per
50 participants up to €200) to be given to those who would like to be
entered into a raffle.

I'll also give the results and / or a copy of the thesis once its
completed to anyone who's interested.

http://survey.patrickoconnor.ie/index.php?sid=1

Thanks in Advance,

Patrick O'Connor