[Chester LUG] Is it me or is Vista rather poor?

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 20 15:48:14 UTC 2007

> > Anybody else finding the same thing ? It makes me ever more
> > thankful of ubuntu at home !
>
>  It makes you wonder about all those arguments that you should not
> move to linux because of all the retraining costs..

Among our potential client-base, many people are facing the
decision in the next year or two: upgrade to Vista or GNU.
Training costs are no longer a factor - providing GNU/Linux
training is available, we need more providers locally of
course.

It's a time of great opportunity for Free Software advocates. :-)
Especially in Cheshire - but I'll save that for a separate
e-mail ;-)

 - Richard

Richard Smedley,                                         rs at m6-it.org
Technical Director,                                     www.M6-IT.org
M6-IT CIC                                        +44 (0)779 456 07 14

Sustainable Third Sector IT solutions. PRINCE2[TM] Project Management
Web services * Back-ups * Support * Training & Certification * E-Mail

M6-IT is a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee.
Registered in England & Wales,               Registration No: 6040154
11 St Marks Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9 7DT

Northern Office: 4, Hollins Green, Bradwall, Cheshire, CW10 0LA.