[Chester LUG] Re: [SC.LUG] [Fwd: Government response to petition 'iplayer']

Matthew Tolley matthew at matthewtolley.com
Fri Sep 7 10:43:19 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 17:26 +0100, Roger Gibson wrote:
> Sounds good, but the sting is in the tail.  'They' will check every
> six months to see what is happening.  How many six months will have to
> elapse before anything is done?

As a co-signer I got the email from Number 10 and interpreted the answer
as good news - i.e. the BBC will maintain cross-platform availability of
its online content. If they're reviewing it every 6 months I guess that
means we just have to make sure as many people as possible access BBC
content online using linux so that it's taken more seriously.

Matthew