[Chester LUG] Home Backup Solution

Les Pritchard les.pritchard at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 13:41:10 UTC 2008

Hi,

HDDs seem to be by far the cheapest option for backups, but you are relying
on disks.  Saying that, I've seen backup tapes fail quite a few times in the
past.

I'm a believer in keeping it simple for backups, so I use a NAS box to store
my backups.  I have a simple shell script that rsyncs my data over and
maintains diffs.  For the NAS side of it, I use FreeNAS and a Solaris box
with ZFS.

Les