[Chester LUG] eeepc ubuntu upgrade

Paul Williams wilp4a at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Apr 27 22:47:34 UTC 2008

Must be local to you, Les.  The only ones on pcworld website  are the 4g models at 250 inc vat and pcworld business has the same at 212 ex vat (so about the same price!).

There are several models in general release.  There's the 2G surf (my one).  I paid 200 for it, but I've seen it priced between 167 and 230 depending on where you look.

There's the 4G (as above), the 8G.  All these have a 7" screen.

There's the 12G XP and the 20G Xandros models coming out in May for about 320 - 350 each.  Both are said to have 9" screens.

BTW, I used a 4G Class 6 SDHC card for the ubuntu due to size restraints of the 2G.  The better models don't have this problem.