[Chester LUG] eeepc woes again

Roger Downing r.downing at dl.ac.uk
Thu Jul 17 13:59:48 UTC 2008

On Thursday 17 July 2008 13:15:31 Paul Williams wrote:
> Hi Guys, got feisty installed to the SD card of my eeepc (and XP on the
> ssd).
>
> Only issue is that I have no ethernet or wifi, so I can't tweek it much.
>
> any help?
>
> I want to fix the problem without installing another distro - had enough
> trouble getting one on in the first place.

Hmm interesting that ethernet doesn't work. That is meant to work perfectly
well. The wireless is easily fixed by recompiling drivers with a small patch
applied. There is even an automated script that will customise ubuntu for
eeepcs. These of course require that you have some way of getting said patch
or script onto the machine.......

--
Roger Downing
SRB Systems Manager