[Chester LUG] Your help required!

Les Pritchard les.pritchard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 17:57:21 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I'm involved in a project with a local charity that is aiming to improve the
standard of living for visually impaired people with technology.  One part
of the project has been to create a best practice guide for organisations to
create fully accessible websites based on a CMS.  We have chosen Joomla for
a variety of reasons, but most importantly because it is Open Source.

The charity is currently developing their own website as an example of a
fully accessible website and we're looking for some volunteers to donate a
little bit of their time and skills to the project.  The site is structured
in a modular format and we need various modules developing.  All of these
modules are reasonably simple, but will help build a good example of a
website that is open to all.

All work will be released as Open Source code and will also be included with
the best practice guide (which will be freely available) so it can help
others create their sites.  On a side note, it will also help promote Open
Source software to organisations that may not have previously considered
it.  The project is going to be presented to a variety of companies,
technical and non-technical and will be receiving some media publicity.
Anyone who helps develop a module will receive full credit on the website.

So if you have experience in PHP or Joomla and would like to donate some
time to charity and Open Source projects, please get in contact with me and
I'll provide you with some more information.

Thanks!

Les