[Chester LUG] Question: Emulating a leased line

David Holden dh at iucr.org
Wed May 7 07:27:06 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 06 May 2008, Stuart Burns wrote:
> Thanks to David's suggestion, we are looking at a RSYNC with GWAVA Reload
> (For the novell mail system) and we are getting some nice beefy 12TB boxes
> if it all works out ;)

good news.

> However, I need to test  how rsync will work over a 2MB leased  line. I do
> believe there is a way to turn down a 100Mbit link to a 2MB link. Does
> anyone know how to do it ?

can't really help here but a googling "bandwidth limiting" may be useful. I
understand linux can do stuff like this see

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/3369

or maybe

http://snad.ncsl.nist.gov/itg/nistnet/

Dave.

--
Dr. David Holden.

See: <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>
regarding Word or PowerPoint. GPG key available on request.