[Chester LUG] Distros for the eeepc

Les Pritchard les.pritchard at gmail.com
Tue May 20 14:57:00 UTC 2008

I've always found Damn Small Linux to be a very nice mini-distro.  DSL-N has
the 2.6 kernel and apparently it works with the eeepc.  It doesn't come with
a load of applications installed, but you can add them to the very small
footprint (talking couple hundred megs).  You can boot it off a usb stick or
CD to give it a go first.  Installation isn't that graphical, but there
isn't much to it.  You could always bring it along to the next LUG and we
could help if you like the look of the live cd version.

Have a look at it here:
http://damnsmalllinux.org/dsl-n/

(can you tell that I'm using a few precious minutes plowing through my
emails whilst waiting for a meeting to start?!)