[Chester LUG] Distros for the eeepc

Paul Williams wilp4a at hotmail.co.uk
Tue May 20 15:28:39 UTC 2008

Cheers guys.  If someone brings a stick, I'll copy over distros and try them out.  If battery holds out, I can even try a few then and there.  Can I install DSL, gentoo, puppy, featherlinux or any of the others, or are they all live?  What's the options for customisation of they're live.

Looked at DSL, and it seemed a little too basic - please prove me wrong.

Looked at Gentoo, and it seemed everyone was warning me that it was hard.  I'm up for a challenge tho.

What about PCBSD?  Read about it.  Not linux?  Too big?  thoughts?