[Chester LUG] Security

Paul Williams wilp4a at hotmail.co.uk
Wed May 21 16:28:47 UTC 2008

This morning's (thankfully without cause) hacking scare has made me stop being blaze about linux security.  I need to install antivirus and firewall.

Tried clamav, but can't seem to find it in my menus or anywhere?  any ideas?  as for firewalls - people started talking about iptables and I went into newbie mode!  This is a bit like being English abroad - SPEAK LOUDLY AND SSLLOOWWLLYY AND HOPE THE PROBLEM GOES AWAY!

seriously tho, am out of my depth atm.  With windows I had a sh*tload of security stuff running that I knew how to work.  Now I haven't a clue.  any help is seriously appreciated.