[Chester LUG] Asus

Paul Williams wilp4a at hotmail.co.uk
Wed May 21 22:20:07 UTC 2008

It's the 2Gb version, same as mine.  Price is good, but I'd go for at least the 4Gb, pref the new eeepc 900 series, with bigger ssd and screen, but at a fraction more weight and size.  cost is higher, but if it's a problem, go for the 4G.

The 2G is good, but the ram isn't upgradable without cracking the box open. the 4G has an upgrade panel allowing up to 2G ram to be put in.  The processor is 800mhz underclocked to about 533mhz, whereas the 4G is a 900mhz underclocked to about 600mhz, and can be clocked to 900 at a push.  you cant mess with the 2g's clock speed (as yet).  The lower ssd is a real impact on the OS you can put on there (as I'm finding out!)