[Chester LUG] Creating a system backup onto tape.

Stuart Burns stuart.james.burns at gmail.com
Thu May 29 09:14:21 UTC 2008

It's an ext3 filesystem.

I did look at the dump command and shall give it a bash. Thing is, when you
start adding and configuring files, it can (and does in my case) amount to
days. If the entire thing went AWOL, to manually restore would take weeks.
Not something you really think about that much. i think for the initial dump
i shall dump in single user mode and then if i do it at runlevel 3 and it
doesnt work, i have a backup.

Thanks everyone!

Stu