[Chester LUG] Sharing a drive

Michael Crilly e-mail at mcrilly.co.uk
Sat May 31 15:17:20 UTC 2008

Sounds like a job for a NAS setup - Network Attached Storage. You'd have to
configure a NAS deamon on the machine the USB drive is plugged into and then
have that NAS mount/offer the USB drive as a networkable mount point - or
something to this effect. I've never done it my self but I have read it is
possible.

On 5/31/08, Paul Williams <wilp4a at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi again.  I have hooked up a PC to my broadband connection via a wired
> connection.  It is attached to the same router as my PC downstairs.  Both
> systems use Ubuntu 8.04.  The one downstairs has an external hd connected
> via USB.  Can I share it so it can be easily be accessed upstairs?  If so,
> how?
>
> Ta
>
> Paul

M. T. Crilly