[Chester LUG] Computer Parts revisited - Message for Joe Foy or anyone

Paul Williams wilp4a at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Sep 2 14:29:24 UTC 2008

Joe, you said come september there may be a spare PC or two.  Can I give you the minor shopping list and hope that you (or anyone listening in and feeling generous) can help?

I have 2 mates in need, one with completely shafter PC missing just about everything, and one with half a PC

Need:

1 tower with CD (or Pref DVD drive) and Ethernet.  Doesn't need to be brill, but does need to be reliable.
* Need enough Processor and Ram to run Ubuntu Hardy (512Mb Ram, 1.4 Ghz or more pref but not essential)
1 monitor - If CRT, not too big please, I've got to lug the bloody thing!
2 Keyboards
2 Mice
Appropriate cables to connect said hardware plus power supplies.
Anything else that you think would help them.  Don't worry about OS, We've got a spare XP (Genuine  ) and tons of Ubuntu discs.

Cheers

Paul