[Chester LUG] Reminder - DFEY-NW tomorrow :: Young Rewired State Announcements

Tim Dobson lists at tdobson.net
Fri Aug 14 09:43:23 UTC 2009

Just a reminder that the DFEY-NW meeting is taking place tomorrow from
12:00pm -> ~3:30pm

===================

DFEY-NW (Digital Freedom in Education & Youth - North West) is a group
aiming to provide a social space for young people interested in
technology, issues of freedom and technology in relation to education.
www.dfey.org

== Meet ==
   Because the venue is not amazingly easy to find, we'll meet at
Piccadilly station and we'll walk over there (it's about 5minutes on foot).
   Meet on the seats between platforms 1 and 2 in the main concourse.
   Look for people with laptops and perhaps some funky DFEY signs. :P

Attending?
   if you are thinking of attending please add your name to the wiki page
   http://dfey.org/wiki/Manchester,_August_2009#Time
   or feel free to email us on team at nw.dfey.org to let us know you are
coming...

== Young Rewired State ==

   This is all falling together! So far 8 young people from DFEY will be
attending this 2 day event at Google HQ in London next weekend.
   If you are free on 22nd and 23rd August 2009 and wish to go get in
touch ASAP.
   There will some assistance with travel and accommodation for those
wishing to attend, but DFEY is trying to sort things out as a group and
so all stay in the same place. If you are interested in coming, contact
me(or team at dfey.org) ASAP. We're trying to get *everything* sorted by
Saturday the 15th if possible

For those already intending on going, p-lease make sure your name is on
the DFEY wiki page:
http://dfey.org/wiki/London,_August_2009

To find out more about the event visit:
http://rewiredstate.org/young

 From the website:
"How about we give you Google's offices in the heart of London,
technology and a tonne of the country's best programmers and hackers to
help and teach you along the way? We'll also give you food and drink to
keep you going.

If so, and you're aged between 15 and 18, we'd love you to come to our
free weekend to see what you can come up with. We think we're all in for
a big surprise."

---

In case you need it, here's some contact information:
   Tim's mobile: 07922334403
   Email: team at nw.dfey.org

IRC:
   #dfey on irc.freenode.net