[Chester LUG] Microblogging

Dan Lynch biglynchy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 15:34:00 UTC 2009

I agree that it serves the same purpose as a mailing list and I've said a
few times that I can't understand what people find so hard or offputting
about mailing lists. There's no doubt though since posting on places like
Twitter the response and interest generated for LivLug has been much
greater. There's still a very active mailing list but for less confident
users or people newer to technology they seem to find it easier to follow
things through a website. It's casting the net wider that's all

I suppose it's just another option for those who want it, notices should
still be posted to the mailing list as well of course :)