[Chester LUG] Filesystems

Les Pritchard les.pritchard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 13:10:50 UTC 2009

Hi Dan,

Thanks for that - good to hear someone else has just stuck with ext3!  I'll
take a look at XFS.

ZFS is excellent, I use it on some boxes and it really offers some nice
functionality (I might give a little demo of it in our first tech meet).
There is a project that allows you to use ZFS with FUSE, but it's not that
speedy from what I've read because it has to run in userspace (due to
license issues).  If I'm feeling brave I might give it a go and see what I
get from it.

Les