[Chester LUG] Tech meet update

Les Pritchard les.pritchard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 17:25:57 UTC 2009

Hi all,

An update for you on the technical meet.  I decided that for the first meet
it would be great to have as many people able to attend.  So if we hold the
technical meet a week Thursday (26th) from 7 - whenever, then we can move on
to a near by pub for a social / wrap up.

In the future we'll keep the normal socials and add the odd tech meet as and
when we have topics.  I also liked the suggestion that we could hold an
install fest one day.

The technical meet will be at the main campus of Chester University (I will
send a map and directions nearer the time).  There's parking right by the
building and we'll have a projector for the demos.  I have a few topics I'd
like to talk about, anyone else have anything they'd like to add?

My topics:
ZFS
GIT (David, I'm hoping you might also chip in here as I know you're a user!)
OpenVZ

Les