[Chester LUG] virtualisation questions

Paul Williams wilp4a at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Jun 12 21:28:50 UTC 2009

Ok.  I fancy playing around with virtualisation again.  Only this time, I plan to get it right.  Hopefully.

A few questions though:

Has anyone got the full virtual desktop working without missing stuff like USB support or the like, without laying out hard currency or extensively using the command line to construct it?  If so, how?

Virtualbox suggested 10GB for virtualisation, then loaded an ISO of the OS I wanted to virtualise (XP at the time).  Can I use the same 10GB for every virtual desktop, loading from a different ISO each time, or will that cause problems?  Or do I need a separate 10GB (or whatever size) for each virtual desktop?

Can I use a flash drive as my virtual desktop space?

My laptop uses 2 partitions for XP (something to do with restore) and 2 for Ubuntu (/ and swap).  I was told that 4 was my limit.  True / false?  if true, why and is there a workaround?

Cheers

Paul

MSN straight to your mobile - news, entertainment, videos and more.

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/147991039/direct/01/