[Chester LUG] Liverpool LUG Meeting - 4th March 2009 - Graeme Dyas - FOSS Lego Mindstorm

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Mon Mar 2 20:28:52 UTC 2009

Liverpool Linux User Group
Wednesday March 4, 2009 at 7:00pm
Liverpool Social Centre
96 Bold Street
Liverpool, England L1 4HY

Liverpool Linux User Group are a group of Linux and open source software users that meet on the first
Wednesday of the month. If no talk is organised then we will usually organise a “open stage” for people to
discuss projects, current news, or just to rant.

This month, we have a talk by Graeme Dyas, who will be demonstrating the Lego Mindstorm
robotics kit. The firmware for the controller has been released as open source, presenting a whole new
world of possibilities for what was a simple robotics kit.

We will meet up in “The Old Ropewalk” pub before the meeting, then head out to the event around 7:00pm,
and the talk will begin at about 7:30pm. The Liverpool Social Centre is two doors up from Forbidden Planet
and is the right-hand door at the front of “News From Nowhere”. Check the window for a handy Liverpool LUG
sign, which will indicate we are there and not still at the pub. Press the white doorbell for access (the
one marked basement) and someone will come up and open the door for you.

After the talks we will usually stay in the meeting area for a while then head out back to The Old
Ropewalk pub.

If you have any difficulties finding the event, please call 07946404305

http://livlug.org.uk/
http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/1776347/

--
Andrew Williams