[Chester LUG] Install Fest

David Holden dh at iucr.org
Fri Mar 27 12:43:58 UTC 2009

On Friday 27 March 2009, Les Pritchard wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The idea of running an Install Fest has been mentioned a couple of times at
> the LUG (including last night).  I think it could be a great idea to hold
> something where we can demo Linux to people and between us I'm sure we have
> enough laptops running completely different versions / looks to please most
> people!
>
> As I'm on the local BCS committee I've put forward the idea of them
> sponsoring (i.e. proving some food!) and promoting the event for us.  I
> suspect the University could be a good venue for this.  So could I get some
> feedback from people who'd like to help out on the day and maybe do some
> demos?
>
> Talking about it at the social last night I wondered if it would be worth
> hanging on for the latest Ubuntu to see if we could get some freebie disks
> from them.
>
> Les

Sorry I didn't make it last night, this sounds like a good idea, it may be
worth taking a copy of virtualbox on a USB so that people can try Linux on
their windows machines if they don't want to repartition etc.

 Dave.

--
Dr. David Holden.

See: <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>
regarding Word or PowerPoint. GPG key available on request.