[Chester LUG] Announcement: Liverpool LUG Meeting - 1st April 2009

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Mon Mar 30 23:04:18 UTC 2009

Liverpool Linux User Group Meeting
Wednesday April 1, 2009 at 7:00pm
Liverpool Social Centre
96 Bold Street
Liverpool, England L1 4HY

Liverpool Linux User Group are a group of Linux and open source software users that meet on the first
Wednesday of the month. If no talk is organised then we will usually organise a "open stage" for people
to discuss projects, current news, or just to rant.

Main Talk
Adrian McEwen will be giving a talk on the Arduino open-source electronics prototyping platform. This
is a a prelude to the Howduino hack-day (http://www.howduino.com/) running on the 23rd May at FACT.

Open Stage
Simon Johnson will be doing a quick talk about high level Python.

This month, a few members will be at Small Steps to Sustainability at FACT
(http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/2149511/) before the meeting . Anyone coming into Liverpool early is
recommended to pop along.

Usually, we will meet up in "The Old Ropewalk" pub before the meeting, then head out to the event
around 7:00pm. The Liverpool Social Centre is two doors up from Forbidden Planet and is the right-hand
door at the front of "News From Nowhere". Check the window for a handy Liverpool LUG sign, which will
indicate we are there and not still at the pub. Press the white doorbell for access (the one marked
basement) and someone will come up and open the door for you.

After the talks we will usually stay in the meeting area for a while then head out back to The Old
Ropewalk pub.

If you have any difficulties finding the event, please ring a contact number listed on the website. Maps and
streetview of the events are available on the website.

Website: http://livlug.org.uk/meetings:2009_april
Upcoming: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/2146243/

--
Andrew Williams