[Chester LUG] Recommended 'mini' laptop.

Roger Gibson rcgibson at talktalk.net
Mon May 25 11:10:08 UTC 2009

I've a birthday coming soon, and wondered whether folks think that the
'mini' lap top scene has stabilised, and if there is now a consensus on
a short list of things to look at.  I need something small enough to
slip in a small brief case to take to meetings, easy to skip through
multi-page documents on, decent battery life, not needed for much than
(unfortunately) Windoze compatible documents, spreadsheets etc, web
browse and email.  But not as small as a blackberry type thing.
Possibility of touch typing with 'narrow fingers' an advantage.  I
prefer it to be cheap enough not to get too upset if I lose/drop it.  If
Bill Gates has ensured that Windoze XP is the cheapest option, I'll take
his money and dual boot, or over-install a Linux OS.

Any favourites out there.  Roger.