[Chester LUG] Job: free software VoIP support engineer

Tim Dobson lists at tdobson.net
Mon Nov 2 22:35:32 UTC 2009

I hate advertising anything to lists but the company I work for (DMC
www.dmcip.com) is hiring and I think it's a really good opportunity if
anyone is looking for work... :)

--

DMC is looking for a part time Telecoms/Linux support engineer.

If you've got a real passion for resolving tech-related problems, would
enjoy dealing with something new everyday and have the patience to get
to the bottom of challenging issues, then this might be for you.

You'll be involved in providing email and telephone support, working
with our customers and liasing with upstream suppliers to apply changes,
troubleshoot problems and answer technical questions.

What's required:
Good written and oral communication skills
Good customer service attitude
GNU/Linux experience

What's helpful:
Evidence of enthusiasm for learning and playing with technology
Good understanding of networks
Asterisk or SIP experience
Passion for free software/open source technologies

Training and mentoring will be provided.

You'll learn:
VoIP
Telecoms
Asterisk
Networking
GNU/Linux

Let us know which pieces of the jigsaw you can already put together and
why you think you'd be a great addition to the DMC team.

We'll offer a competitive salary, an informal working environment (no
suits required) and flexible working hours at our office in Manchester
City Centre.

If you're interested, please get in touch with careers at dmcip.com

DMC are an equal opportunities employer.

www.dmcip.com
www.servicesforasterisk.co.uk