[Chester LUG] Liverpool Linux User Group Meeting - 2nd Sept 2009

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Wed Sep 2 12:56:00 UTC 2009

Sorry for the late announcement, bank holiday really threw me :)

--

Liverpool Linux User Group - September 2009
Date Wed September 2nd, 2009 from 7:00pm - 8:00pm

Liverpool Linux User Group are a group of Linux and open source software users that meet on the first
Wednesday of the month. If no talk is organised then we will usually organise a .open stage. for people
to discuss projects, current news, or just to rant.

Main Talk
Unfortunately, Simon has had to pull out at the last minute. He has been unable to finish the slides due
to his house move, but we will be having up later on this year.

Open Stage
The stage will be opened for anyone to pimp their current projects or give a short talk about any
subject.

This month myself and Dan will be pimping the upcoming LUGRadio Live 2009[1] and OggCamp[2], and giving
plenty of reasons for people to come down and have a blast in Wolverhampton.

Doors are usually open before 7:00pm if people want to meet up in the centre, The Liverpool Social Centre
is two doors up from Forbidden Planet and is the right-hand door at the front of .News From Nowhere..
Check the window for a handy Liverpool LUG sign, which will indicate we are there and not still at the
pub. Press the white doorbell for access (the one marked basement) and someone will come up and open the
door for you.

After any talks are finished will usually stay in the meeting area until 8:00pm then head out to a local
pub, depending on recommendations of the night it maybe The Welkin at the bottom of Lord Street, or
another pub in the local area.

Website: http://livlug.org.uk/
Wheres The Geeks: http://www.wheresthegeeks.co.uk/liverpool/2009/09/liverpool-linux-user-group
Upcoming.org: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/4390357