[Chester LUG] [ANN] New Group: Northwest Retro (nwRetro)

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Wed Sep 30 10:47:57 UTC 2009

What is Northwest Retro?

Northwest Retro is a retro computing and gaming user group based in
northwest england, Our aim is to
bring together retro computing enthusasts and to give time and space
for people to share knowledge, get
hands on with old technology, and generally talk and discuss topics
relating to retro computing.

Whats the current plan?

At the moment we're in the early days of the group, so we've created a
basic site and mailing list and within the next few weeks we'll plan
our first meetup. We'll be looking at holding meetups in Liverpool
for the moment.

Why do we need another group?

At the moment, discussion about retro computing and gaming has
remained within existing, local tech groups. The groups are usually
related to another technological topic which some retro users maybe
unfamiliar with or not interested in. With a new group with a aim to
cover the area it will invite in more users who generally don't get
involved in the local tech scene.

Do you have a website?

Yes, the website is online at nwretro.com[1], at the moment we've got
a basic blog for announcements but we hope to expand this out a little
in the future.

Where can I sign up?

Register on the general discussion mailing list[2], or if you don't
want too many emails, sign up on the announcement list[3].

Please pass this announcement around to anyone who maybe interested.

[1] http://nwretro.com/