[Chester LUG] LUG Social Meet next week *New venue*

Les Pritchard les.pritchard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 16:18:21 UTC 2010

Hi all,

As last month the reminder for the social went out very late, I thought I'd
send a reminder over a week ahead this time! Well it's not really that, I
just wanted to let you know that I've found a different venue for this
month's social. I've booked the top room in the Bear & Billet. It's a nice
big room with two large tables, so feel free to bring your laptops / any
other tech!

I thought it would be good to try out somewhere different with space to
ourselves (and what seems to be a nice venue). They've agreed to let us have
the room for free providing we're buying drinks, anyone buying food would
obviously go down well too! (It's steak night on Thursdays).

If everyone is happy with it, we could hopefully make that our regular
meeting place. The management have warned me that if the Thursday clashes
with a big football game / other event they won't be able to let us use it,
but if it's a good venue I'm willing to temporarily move for the odd one.

Les

p.s. For anyone who doesn't know the pub, it's just down the road from the
Old King's Head at the bottom of Lower Bridge Street, so parking should be
ok.