[Chester LUG] IT Administrator

Ian Crowther i.crowther at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 22:15:07 UTC 2010

I'm going to cross post this onto this list since we are very near
Chester. As with the North Wales list, I hope it isn't considered
inappropriate to post a job vacancy.

We have a job vacancy open. While our desktops and a few servers use
Windows most of our servers are Debian based and one of our goals is
to try to use open source software where we can.

Regards,

Ian

The text of the vacancy follows:

***

Position: IT Administrator

The role will involve maintaining and implementing systems as well as
some user support.

Candidates must be familiar with a unix-like OS (Ideally Debian) and a
shell scripting language.
A basic understanding of networking and computers in general will be
required and the candidate will be willing and able to learn new
technologies.  On the job training will be given.

Knowledge of Debian, MS Windows, Postfix, Apache, DJBDNS, MySQL, Cisco
IOS would be considered an advantage, as would an understanding of the
protocols that these systems use. Programming abilities (specifically in
Perl, PHP, Javascript) would also be of benefit.
Salary-negotiable
Full time, permanent position.
Location- Deeside, North Wales (near Chester)

To apply for this position please send a copy of your CV along with
any other information which you feel would be relevant to your
application to it+jobs at comtek.co.uk