[Chester LUG] Fwd: [linuxjobs] IT Administrator (Flintshire, North Wales)

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 20 09:49:54 UTC 2010

On 20/10/10 09:11, Paul Williams wrote:
> I'd love to work in a job like that, but I'm entry level rather than
> admin level.  I don't suppose there's a vacancy for a trainee?

Here's Ian's recent post about the job & uptake - sounds
like a trainee opportunity :)
He's at: i.crowther at gmail.com

BEGIN QUOTE

I posted a copy of our advert here a while ago. We are looking to hire
a sysadmin/general IT person; its a junior role, the only real
requirement is that we want somebody with a reasonable degree of Unix
(Linux/BSD/whatever) competency and a desire to learn. Training would
be provided.

I'm amazed at the number of MS-related respondents compared to the
small number who seemed to actually have Unix skills. Could it be due
to location? Are all the MS-people out of work and the *nix people
employed?  :-)

My question is, apart from LUGs, can anybody suggest appropriate
advertising locations? My target audience being "people with Linux
enthusiasm experience, probably looking for a first 'IT job' ".

Regards,

Ian

END QUOTE