[Chester LUG] Geeky spot!

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 25 14:33:20 UTC 2010

On 25/10/10 15:19, Les Pritchard wrote:
[snip]
> it's a mixture of actors and puppets living in a comic
> style world (I'm sure the programme makers explain it far better!).

It's possible they'd mention its wholesome message of
working together, eating more fruit, and doing exercise.
Viewers also appreciate the catchy songs - they're
drilled into me by being played on every long family
journey we undertake ;o)

[snip]
> Ok that is nerdy, but when adult TV programmes always show unrealistic GUIs
> it's funny to see a kids programme showing real computing. Naturally I now
> approve of this programme :-)

Sounds like you're trying to justify watching
daytime TV to me ;-P

Apparently the Facebook film (Social Network) features
heavy use of Emacs :o)
Of course this may deter vi users from visiting
the cinema ;-)

 - Richard